GoGrid and EdgeCast Release Zero-Commitment, On-Demand Cloud Infrastructure with CDN Capabilities
SAN FRANCISCO, CA NOVEMBER 3, 2009–GoGrid, a leading Cloud Computing Infrastructure Hosting provider, and EdgeCast Networks, the superior, cost-effective rich content delivery network (CDN), have announced a technology partnership which includes the release of a CDN coupled with Cloud Infrastructure Hosting. This on-demand service allows customers to scale their web presence and accelerate the delivery of web-content using a global content delivery infrastructure.
With the GoGrid CDN, powered by EdgeCast, users enjoy the qualities inherent to the Cloud, along with the advantages of a distributed global network. The new integrated service offers pay-as-you-go pricing, no contracts and no minimum usage requirements.
A CDN ensures that content is immediately available around the world, especially during periods of high demand. When used in conjunction with GoGrid cloud hosting, infrastructure can be scaled immediately to meet demand.
"EdgeCast now gives GoGrid customers a best-in-class solution for on-demand CDN services," said John Keagy, CEO and co-founder of GoGrid. "From start-up to enterprise, all GoGrid customers can now easily expand existing architecture and deploy additional content delivery services without any huge capital expenses or long-term commitments. It is a real win-win!"
Using a utility pricing model, the GoGrid CDN ensures that customers' content is quickly and easily distributed throughout the network consisting of 16 points of presence (POPs) on 4 continents. The GoGrid CDN features include:
- Website acceleration – faster page load times for your website
- Large object download service – for software, videos, games, music, podcasts and movies – the best way to provide delivery of downloads
- On-demand video streaming – Flash and Windows
- Live video streaming – Flash and Windows
- Security – all of the important security features needed for online business including SSL delivery and Token-based Authentication
- Cname support – disguise the GoGrid CDN URL with a customized URL
- Advanced reporting – the most comprehensive reporting and analytics suite in the industry – over 60 reports to help improve and optimize website performance – view bandwidth consumption, breakdowns of downloads by media type, geography, file type and popularity
- Real-time reporting – view usage statistics on a real-time dashboard
Additionally, with the GoGrid CDN powered by EdgeCast, customers enjoy the most flexible service offering available in the Cloud Computing marketplace with control panels, "instant-on" service, best-in-class reporting and a full service Global CDN product.
"Many of our customers experience sudden surges in demand for their content, and without the ability to scale quickly, that can be crippling," said James Segil, president of EdgeCast Networks. "Our relationship with GoGrid gives customers the peace of mind of knowing that, on a moment's notice, the sky is the limit for their digital assets - whether they need processing power, edge storage, or lightning-fast delivery to any city in the world."
GoGrid Cloud Infrastructure Hosting with CDN services are available immediately as a beta offering. Customers can learn more by visiting the GoGrid site.
About EdgeCast Networks, Inc. - http://www.edgecast.com
EdgeCast offers a superior, cost-effective global content delivery service that gives customers and partners competitive advantage in the delivery of digital media. EdgeCast's world-class content delivery platform provides customers the cost benefits and flexibility of controlling their own content delivery network while freeing them from capital investments and operational hassles. To learn more, visit www.edgecast.com.
- Welcome to GoGrid!
- I'm a live Cloud Expert.
- What questions do you have today?